Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Happy New Year!

Not a usual blog post, I'm afraid, but I didn't want to let another Wednesday slip past without an update. As those of you who follow the blog's Facebook account may have seen, there was no post last week because I was sick. Unfortunately, I still am. I have some kind of upper respiratory infection which is lingering; according to my editor at the newspaper for which I do some light coverage, it's been hitting quite a few people around here. 

It's been hindering my ability to do a lot of things, including speak. But I expect to be able to return to my blogging duties within a few more days, so I'll ask your patience in the meantime. I have a number of interesting posts planned for the coming weeks, and I'm also working on a couple of other special projects - or rather, I will be once I'm well enough. History has more or less taken over my life, and I'm rather fine with it.

My beloved Zenkaikon is coming up in March again too, and I've been asked to bring back the presentation I did last year about the history of the city of Lancaster! I also applied to do a second one about some of the darker aspects of the city's history, some of which I've showcased in posts on this blog, so I'm hoping that will also be accepted. The convention's online presence is going to be offered free of charge this year, so I should be able to provide links eventually where my readers can, if so inclined, watch me talk about Pennsylvania history. (Spoiler alert, I'm a lot more eloquent in writing. Also, presentations at Zenkaikon can be a little unpredictable - last year's Lancaster history discussion was briefly interrupted by the head of live programming bringing me a box of doughnuts. I can't wait to be there again.)

I hope all of my readers had a very pleasant holiday season and that 2024 brings good things for all of us. Thanks for sticking with me on my adventures, and I'll look forward to bringing you another one as soon as I possibly can!


Except where indicated, all writing and photography on this blog is the intellectual property of Laura Klotz. This blog is written with permission of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. I am not employed by the PHMC. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!