Thursday, May 24, 2018

Welcome to my Quest!

If you have ever gone on an adventure in a video game, like Dragon Age or Call of Duty, you know that the hero has access to a quest journal. It outlines the objectives of the current quest and reminds the player what they were doing when they return to the game after a break.

What you're reading is my quest journal, with which I will track and share my adventures as I hunt down the historical markers erected throughout Pennsylvania by the PHMC - the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. I will find the signs, photograph them and (when possible) their subjects, and seek out more information to try to give you, the reader, the whole story.

There are more than 2,000 of these spread throughout the Commonwealth. I'm going to be busy for a while. I'm aiming to post at least two of these every month, so stay tuned. You can also find me on Facebook at @MarkerQuest!

Except where indicated, all writing and photography on this blog is the intellectual property of Laura Klotz. This blog is written with permission of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. I am not employed by the PHMC. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!