Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Rainy Day in PA

First, happy birthday to my own personal mother!

Well, like most of the eastern seaboard, I'm currently keeping eyes on a storm named Debby. And as many of my longtime readers know, I'm one of those people who doesn't do well in certain kinds of weather - when the barometer drops, my pain levels rise. I'm used to it, but that doesn't make it fun. It does, however, make it difficult to focus on things like a blog post. Add in the fact that this is going to be a concern for a few days straight and I don't anticipate doing anywhere near as much writing this week as I would like.

But I'm not leaving you in the lurch, not this time! When I realized that the odds of my getting a post done were lower than usual, I went in search of an alternative. And I found what I think is a pretty good one. I do the NYT crossword puzzle every day and I'm quite fond of it, so if you also enjoy crosswords, you'll probably like this.

I created this puzzle just for my readers at CrosswordLabs.com - it's free, and you can solve it online at the link or you can download and print a hard copy for solving offline. It's also public, so you're welcome to share it with anyone you think might enjoy it too. 

All of the answers to all of the clues can be found somewhere on my blog. (Or use Google, whatever works for you.) Some are easy, some are more obscure. I'll include a link to the answers with next week's post. I hope you have fun!

Click here to play!

(Puzzle will open in new tab/window.)




Except where indicated, all writing and photography on this blog is the intellectual property of Laura Klotz. This blog is written with permission of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. I am not employed by the PHMC. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!